AVAILABLE NOW: Recordings of Stepping Up Six Questions Webinar Series
The Stepping Up partners are excited to announce that all webinars and network calls in the Six Questions series are now available in the Stepping Up Resources Toolkit.
In January 2017, the Stepping Up partners released Reducing the Number of People with Mental Illnesses in Jail: Six Questions County Leaders Need to Ask (Six Questions), which outlined a framework for counties to use when assessing their existing efforts to reduce the number of people who have mental illnesses in jail by considering specific questions and progress-tracking measures. Throughout 2017, the Stepping Up partners hosted a series of webinars and network calls focusing on each of the Six Questions. Each webinar is led by a national expert who outlines key strategies pertaining to that question, as well as county officials who provide examples of how their counties have implemented or shown progress toward implementing that question.
All slides and video recordings of the webinars are available by clicking on the corresponding question in the Resources Toolkit. Key resources and research to accompany each question are also listed in the toolkit.
Stepping Up Six Questions Webinar and Network Call Series
- Introduction to the “Six Questions County Leaders Need to Ask”
- Conducting Timely Mental Health Screening and Assessment in Jails
- Establishing Baseline Data for Mental Illness in Jails
- Conducting a Comprehensive Process Analysis and Inventory of Services for People with Mental Illnesses in Jails
- Prioritizing Policy, Practice, and Funding Improvements for People with Mental Illnesses in Jails
- Tracking Progress on Reducing the Number of People with Mental Illnesses in Jails
The Stepping Up partners look forward to continuing to be a resource for all of your Stepping Up efforts. Feel free to reach out at any time if you have questions by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.