“Step Up” Your Efforts in 2019!
Stepping Up was launched in May 2015 to elevate the crisis of too many people with mental illnesses in jails and provide counties with tools and resources to create sustainable and data-driven plans to address this challenge. In the four years since the launch, more than 475 counties have passed a resolution or proclamation committing to act on this issue.
For 2019, the initiative is asking counties to “Step Up” their efforts. Stepping Up counties have shown great progress over the past four years with their work to reduce the number of people in their jails who have mental illnesses. And we know that we can and want to do more. As part of this push, the Stepping Up partners are asking counties to:
- Fill out the Stepping Up County Self-Assessment to identify existing gaps in your efforts;
- Pick at least one priority for your county to fully implement by July 1, 2019;
- Leverage the Stepping Up Resources Toolkit to reach your goals;
- Participate in the Stepping Up Month of Action in May; and
- Be ready to share your accomplishments at the National Association of Counties Annual Conference in July.
Join us in Stepping Up your efforts in 2019!