The leaders of the Council of State Governments Justice Center, the National Association of Counties and the American Psychiatric Association Foundation, are collaborating on the Stepping Up Initiative with a wide range of supporting partners in the fields of law enforcement, policy, research and behavioral health.
This project is supported, in part, by the U.S. Justice Department’s Bureau of Justice Assistance.
The following state and national associations are also among those voicing support for Stepping Up:
- American Probation and Parole Association (APPA)
- California Council on Mentally Ill Offenders
- California State Association of Counties
- California State Sheriffs’ Association
- Chief Probation Officers of California
- Vera Institute of Justice