Pennsylvania Stepping Up Technical Assistance Center
Established by the Pennsylvania Commission on Crime and Delinquency (PCCD) and administered by The Council of State Governments (CSG) Justice Center, the Pennsylvania Stepping Up Technical Assistance (TA) Center was launched in October 2018 by PCCD, the County Commissioners Association of Pennsylvania, Pennsylvania’s Department of Health, Department of Corrections, and Department of Human Services. The TA Center is intended to support Pennsylvania counties that participate in the Stepping Up Initiative.
How Can the TA Center Help My County?
The overarching goal of the assistance provided through the TA Center is to position each county in Pennsylvania to have accurate baseline data on the number of people with mental illnesses in jails; develop a customized implementation plan to scale up or implement high-impact strategies; set targets to track progress; and achieve results. The TA Center provides:
- Connections with sites across Pennsylvania and nationally to facilitate peer learning and provide concrete examples of successful strategies and policies;
- Access to national experts and central information bank on best practices; and
- Individualized guidance on the high-impact strategies and policies that achieve lasting results. Participating counties will receive free written resources, webinars and trainings, and regular one-on-one support. Counties that access these resources are at all stages of their Stepping Up work, and the TA Center meets counties wherever they are in their Stepping Up efforts to help them make progress toward their goals.
Participating counties will receive free written resources, webinars and trainings, and regular one-on-one support. Counties that access these resources are at all stages of their Stepping Up work, and the TA Center meets counties wherever they are in their Stepping Up efforts to help them make progress toward their goals.
How Does My County Get Involved?
Email Gretchen Frank, senior policy analyst, at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more and be added to the TA Center’s distribution list. Counties on the distribution list will receive notifications of all available technical assistance.
- Stepping Up Pennsylvania: Findings and Recommendations from the Behavioral Health-Criminal Justice State Policy Scan Project
- Applying a Stepping Up Lens to Homelessness: Assessing and Collaborating for Diversion and Reentry
- Building Trauma-Informed Systems
- Connecting People with SMI to Care in the Community
- COVID-19 Strategies and the Importance of Good Data
- Effective Strategies for Success: Utilizing the Stepping Up PA TA Center to Achieve Your Goals
- Financing the Future of Local Initiatives
- Planning for 988 Implementation in Pennsylvania
- Planning to Improve Crisis Response and Prevention Through Stepping Up
- Connecting People with Mental Health Conditions to the Right Services
- How Pennsylvania Counties Can Use American Rescue Plan Funds to Advance Stepping Up Goals
- Cross-Systems Data Sharing in Pennsylvania to Reduce the Prevalence of Mental Illnesses in Jails