Community service directory
A resource directory, often kept online, is available to help people with criminal justice involvement and their families identify local reentry resources, including behavioral health services.
For examples of this intervention, see these resources:
- National Reentry Services Directory
- Johnson County, Kan.: Using Mental Health Screening and Assessment to Serve Individuals with the Most Needs
Philadelphia County, PA Philadelphia Network of Care
- The community-based organization provides a directory of resources to help people reentering the community connect with services.
For a sample related to this example, see this resource:
Johnson County, KS
- The county’s My Resource Connection is a searchable directory of services available in the county, including housing, mental health, and employment.
For more information on this example, see this resource:
Winona County, MN Reentry Assistance Program Plus
- Winona County’s Reentry Assistance Program Plus (WRAP+) website provides a list of community resources and documents that are helpful to people who are reentering the community from the jail. The information provided relates to resources such as dental care, crisis services, mental health providers, support groups, and case management.
3 - Increase connection to treatment