The Stepping Up initiative is based on a core set of principles and goals laid out in Reducing the Number of People with Mental Illnesses in Jail: Six Questions County Leaders Need to Ask. If your county is laying the foundations of your Stepping Up initiative, this resource are a great place to start. If you’re looking to home in on specific topics and types of resources, explore the full library.
- “In Focus: Implementing Mental Health Screening and Assessment”
- Johnson County, Kan.: Using Mental Health Screening and Assessment to Serve Individuals with the Most Needs
- “In Focus: Collecting and Analyzing Baseline Data”
- Set, Measure, Achieve: Stepping Up Guidance to Reach Prevalence Reduction Targets
- “Conducting a Comprehensive Process Analysis and Inventory of Services for People with Mental Illnesses in Jails”