Individual and group counseling is available in the jail
Services that support people with behavioral health needs, including individual and group counseling, are available in the jail.
Lubbock County, TX Lubbock County Detention Center
- The Lubbock County Detention Center provides individual counseling and various group counseling methods to meet the diverse needs of people in the jail.
Calaveras County, CA
- Through the Community Corrections Partnership, there is a continuum of care, including counseling services, available in the jail.
- The jail-based clinician offers multiple types of individual and group therapy and collaborates with a community-based mental health clinician on reentry planning.
For more information on this example, see this resource:
Lucas County, OH
- Unison, a community-based treatment provider, operates within the jail and provides individual and group therapy to people who screen positive for mental illness.
- Services also include case management, coordination with community providers, diagnostic assessments, medication management, reentry planning/support, and telehealth services.
3 - Increase connection to treatment
4 - Reduce recidivism
Last updated: March 9, 2023